Steelhead are rainbow trout which have choose to migrate out to sea for a couple years – just like salmon. And just like salmon they return to freshwater to spawn.
Generally speaking they go after bright lures. They also readily take roe and sand shrimp.
- Best Guide To Sidedrift For Steelhead
- Best How To Guide For Plug Fishing For Steelhead – Part 1
- Best How To Guide For Plug Fishing For Steelhead – Part 2
- Curing Salmon Roe
- How To Best Attach A Plug
- Improve Your Fishing with The 5 Best Fishing Books
- Making the Corkie and Bait Rig
- Single Hooks on a Banana Style Salmon Plug
- Single Hooks on a Salmon Plug
- Slinkies vs Pencil Lead Weight
- Steelheadaganza I
- Steelheadaganza II
- Steelheadaganza III
- Steelheadaganza IV
- Steelheadaganza V
- Steelheadaganza VI
- Steelheadaganza VII
- Steelheadaganza VII – Cowlitz River Steelhead Fishing Report
For more information to help with your fishing adventures please check out the Gear and Tackle pages.